JOB Title : PLAB Tutor – Teaching Job
Location : Oldham, Greater Manchester
Salary : £40,000.00 per annum
Job Type : Permanent (Full time)
Category : Teaching
Posted on : 28-Jan-2020
Closing date : 24-Feb-2020
Job Code: 2319 Teaching and other educational professionals not elsewhere classified
Are you a medical graduate? Have you got an experience in teaching medical doctors or trainee doctors? Do you have experience in teaching (Professional and Linguistic Assessment Board) PLAB Course?
ABM Academy is looking for hiring tutor to teach our PLAB test preparatory course to overseas doctors who are aspiring to take the PLAB test conducted by General Medical Council, UK. The PLAB test is required to obtain the registration with the GMC. The successful candidate will support our students to reach their full potential by guiding them towards study practices and aides that will help them to pass the PLAB test.
Tutor will work with Students in individual and group settings. Our Academy offers motivating and quality teaching for students, If you have experience in teaching medical graduates and medical trainees and teaching clinical examination skills for PLAB then please submit your CV and covering letter.
In return we will offer: –
- ○ Salary £40,000.00 per annum
- ○ 38 hours per week over 5 days (flexible working)
- ○ You will be based at the Oldham Office
- ○ Company pension scheme
- ○ 25 days holidays
- ○ Professional support from our team of experienced tutors and teachers
- ○ Opportunities to progress your career
- ○ On-going career advice from our dedicated consultants
- ○ Face to face CPD courses.
To find similar roles and register for more fantastic teaching opportunities, apply now or visit www.abmacademy.com
Qualifications and Skills
The ideal candidate will have:
- ○ Degree required: MBBS or equivalent from a WHO recognised overseas medical universities.
- ○ Teaching qualification preferred: Formal teaching experience is mandatory.
- ○ Experience in teaching PLAB.
- ○ Able to develop and motivate students.
- ○ Excellent communication skills.
- ○ Established proficiency in subject matter.
- ○ Clinical Examination skills
- ○ Updated clinical knowledge needed for PLAB tutoring
- ○ Role Play skills
- ○ Ability to assess a candidate during PLAB mock test
- ○ Ability to provide a non judgmental, non biased feedback to candidates
- ○ Skills to mentor and counsel candidates preparing for the PLAB test
- ○ Experience in working with a PLAB teaching academy in the UK would be an added advantage
- ○ Ability to teach Mannequin Training and other clinical teaching models.
- ○ Awareness of Foundation Year 2 level competencies as per Foundation year programme for Medical graduates in the UK.
- ○ Basic life support training
- ○ Extensive knowledge of PLAB test curriculum and GMC Blueprint for PLAB.
- ○ Understanding of UK Foundation year programme for medical graduates.
Closing date and time – 17:00 pm Monday 24 February 2020
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted by the Friday the 28th February 2020
Interviews will be held on Monday the 2nd of March 2020