JOB DESCRIPTION – IT Specialist (eLearning)
Location : Cheadle, Manchester
Salary : £26,500 per annum + commission + benefits + flexible w
Posted on : 10 December 2018
You will be responsible for the implementation of learning technologies to compliment the organisation’s new Learning Management System (LMS). You will be involved with strategic planning, design, execution and creation of innovative and engaging learning assets.
- Plan, Coordinate, Implement and integrate digital learning products for (desktop and mobile)online users.
- Consider the end user experience when integrating the LMS
- Analyse the user data and produce quality reports to ensure the relevant personalised experience is attained
- Responsibility for design and development of an innovative digital learning assets using a variety of methods
- In close collaboration with subject matter experts, design engaging learning journeys with compelling course content, activities and assessments that enhance retention and transfer.
- Use latest eLearning tools to produce engaging eLearning materials, such as interactive modules and assessments, captivating graphics, presentations, and engaging video/audio scripts.
- Using a data driven approach to evaluate course and instructional quality. Define measures to track outcomes, document effective and ineffective practices and iterate accordingly.
- To advise, enable and support subject matter experts and other relevant stakeholders in the design, development and delivery of dynamic learning content.
- Review existing courses and materials to ensure content remains relevant and up-to-date and assist faculty with informal course improvements, modifications, and with adoption and implementation of new instructional technologies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related field – OR – equivalent combination of education and recent, relevant work experience.
- 5+ years’ experience in a LMS development environment demonstrating highly competent abilities in standard software development life cycle management as well as project management techniques and methodologies.
- Media editing and production skills
- Effective communications / digital marketing
- Has an understanding of what makes a (eLearning) experience good or bad and have experience working with design thinking and user experience
- Has excellent knowledge of learning theories and instructional design models
- Driving innovation through the introduction of new learning formats.
- Has a user-centered approach to problem-solving, and thinks about the entire product life-cycle, not just their piece of the puzzle
- Has solid organisational and execution skills – and is able to work both independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment
- Is very articulate, communicative and open – happy communicating ideas and decisions across a cross-functional product team
- Has experience working with course development software, curation ecosystems and at least one Learning Management System (preferred Canvas)
- Preferably has experience storyboarding, and developing interactive course content utilising eLearning authoring tools such as Captivate, Rise/Articulate, H5P, as well as basic HTML and CSS programming skills, and visual design skills
- You are passionate for and have a good understanding of new technology and digital trends
- You are a strong team player with a commitment to delivering a high level of internal customer service
- Adaptable and resourceful, you are looking for a role that gives you both autonomy and accountability
- Ensure that all technology deliverables required by the academy reach successful completion within required schedule and costing.