Location : Oldham, Manchester
Salary : National Minimum Wage – depending upon Age
Posted on : 02-Dec-2019
ABM Academy are looking to recruit a Receptionist / Administrator to join our friendly and supportive team, to provide exceptional first point of contact, to our visitors, students and partners. Our academy is based in Oldham, Greater Manchester.
○ The successful candidate must be highly motivated, reliable, and computer literate with excellent administrative and communication skills.
○ The role involves a wide range of duties including, providing a professional reception service, telephone appointments, handling student queries,
○ We welcome potential applicants to visit the academy and have an informal discussion about the role. Further information is available by contacting Dee Radcliffe, Academy Administrator on 0161 628 7200.
○ Appointment to this post is subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Check and successful references.
○ We reserve the right to close the vacancy once we have received sufficient applications, so we advise you to submit your CV and covering letter as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
○ Job share will be considered
○ Only those candidates who clearly demonstrate how they meet the person specification on their application will be shortlisted for this post. If you are short listed for interview you will be contacted via email and it is important that you check your email regularly.
○ The organisation will not reimburse any expenses incurred by candidates for attending interview.
○ The successful candidate will be subject to the completion of satisfactory probationary period.
- ○ Working as part of the Reception Team to provide the academy’s ‘front-of-house’ service, and project a positive and friendly image to Students’ and visitors.
- ○ Understanding and interpreting student’ needs, resolving queries where possible or signposting students to the appropriate service.
- ○ Provide a responsive, courteous, calm and efficient service at all time
- ○ Undertake administration as necessary to support the effective operation of the academy.
- ○ Facilitate effective communication between students/visitors/staff.
Duties and Responsibilities
○ To follow academy’s policies, protocols and guidelines, duties will include:
- ○ Ensure that all visitors, students and staff receive a friendly service and their enquiries are dealt with efficiently.
- ○ Provide a welcoming and efficient telephone and reception service,
- ○ Refer to procedures, guidance, colleagues or senior staff when unsure.
- ○ Arrange, cancel, meeting/events.
- ○ Explain arrangements and formal requirements to new students and visitors,
- ○ Collect information from students and enter accurately into the computer system as requested.
- ○ Maintain and monitor the academy’s computer system.
- ○ Take messages and passing on information to the relevant person.
- ○ Keep track of all tasks and ensure they are completed in a timely manner.
- ○ Ensure the reception and academy’s areas are kept clean and tidy.
- ○ Distributing incoming and processing outgoing mail.
- ○ Initiating contact with and responding to requests from student/visitors, other team members and associated healthcare sponsors.
- ○ Other administrative and clerical duties as required.
- ○ Open and lock up the building as required and maintaining security in accordance with academy protocols.
- ○ Respond appropriately to any potential emergency situation,
There is a wide range of administrative duties and tasks will be allocated accordingly to support the effective operation of the academy:
- ○ Maintain records including sorting and filing.
- ○ Create letters as requested.
- ○ Finance administration, e.g. processing invoices
- ○ Working within the team it is expected that all team members will cover any administrative tasks as required.
- ○ Undertake other reasonable duties within the framework of the post as directed by the academy’s administrator.
Communication and Relationships
- ○ Liaise with sponsors, visitors, partner’s agencies as appropriate to the role.
- ○ Communicate sensitively and effectively with students, using active listening and adapting communication style and method as necessary to meet their needs.
- ○ Attend and participate in staff and full meetings as required.
- ○ Understand own role and scope in the academy.
- ○ Work as an effective and responsible team member, supporting colleagues in a flexible manner.
Organisation and Quality
- ○ Respect and protect academy’s business confidentiality at all times.
- ○ Understand and follow the academy’s Information Governance Policy, and the requirements of the Data Protection Act and the common law of confidentiality. Refer on any queries as appropriate.
- ○ Understand the requirements of the Freedom of Information Act and refer and queries as appropriately.
- ○ Participate in quality improvement initiatives, including Significant Event Analysis and review of Complaints, Complements and Suggestions.
- ○ Support the aims and objectives of the academy and contribute to the ongoing development of the academy as required.
- ○ Effectively manage own time, workload and resources.
- ○ Understand and follow the academy’s policies and procedures.
Training, Learning and Professional Development
- ○ Undergo regular appraisal, supervision and training as necessary to update skills and knowledge.
- ○ Take responsibility for maintaining a record of own personal and/or professional development.
- ○ Taking responsibility for own development, learning and performance and demonstrating skills and activities to others who are undertaking similar work
- ○ Participate in the induction of new staff.
Equality and Diversity
- ○ Respect the privacy, dignity and beliefs of Students, visitors, colleagues and other workers. They must be treated equally, irrespective of gender, ethnic origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, religion etc.
- ○ Behaving in a manner that is welcoming to and of the individual, is non-judgmental and respects their circumstances, feelings priorities and rights.
Health and Safety
- ○ Follow Health and Safety policies and guidelines, including fire procedures and those pertaining to areas of risk. Use safe working procedures and report incidents using the academy’s Incident report system.
- ○ Use the personal security systems within the workplace according to academy’s guidelines.
- ○ Make effective use of training to update knowledge and skills.
- ○ Use appropriate control procedure, maintaining works areas in a tidy and safe way free from hazards.
Contribution to the Implementation of Services
- ○ Apply academy’s policies, standards and guidance
- ○ Discuss with other members of the team how the policies, standards and guidelines will affect own work
- ○ Participate in audit where appropriate.
- ○ Give good and regular attendance and timekeeping.
- ○ Maintain a tidy and organised work area.
- ○ Any other duties as requested, including covering for absent colleagues.
This job description is subject to periodic review and amendment in consultation with the post-holder in light of changing circumstances.
- ○ ensuring that health and safety policies are up to date
- ○ using a range of software packages
- ○ assisting the organisation’s HR function by keeping personnel records up to date, arranging interviews and so on.
Knowledge, training and experience
○ Good standard of education GCSE level or equivalent, or equivalent qualification/working experience
○ Experience of dealing with the general public, or customer service
○ Telephony/Call handing
○ Excellent literacy and numeracy skills
○ Ability to produce accurate work in prompt and efficient manner
○ Good IT skills
○ Application form : Interview
Personal skills and abilities
○ Friendly and approachable, good people skills, showing understanding, caring and assertive when appropriate
○ Ability to respect people’s right to confidentiality and respect their beliefs
○ Ability to cope with occasional challenging behaviour
○ Good administrative skills, prioritisation of workload
○ Ability to communication clearly and effectively (both verbal and written) with a wide range of individuals
○ Ability to work calmly and effectively and deal with multiple demands when busy
○ Ability to work as part of a team and without direct supervision
○ Commitment to working in an adaptable and flexible manner
○ Good regular attendance and timekeeping
○ Previous experience of working in an education setting
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
○ In accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), we have implemented a Privacy Notice to inform you, as prospective employees of the organisation of the types of data we process about you.
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
○ This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Closing date Monday 16 December 2019- CV and covering letter to:- Mrs D Radcliffe – email@example.com