Understand the emergence of COVID-19 and how we respond to it going forward.
The world is paying close attention to the outbreak of novel coronavirus, following its emergence in December 2019 in Wuhan, China.
With the outbreak of a novel coronavirus declared a pandemic by the World Health Organisation, people worldwide are working to address it.
COVID 19 – Respiratory Specimen Collection Training
- Collect good nasal and throat swabs for respiratory virus testing.
- Complete the necessary documentation.
- Complete the procedure, maintaining safety of the collector and the patient at all times.
- 60 minutes
- Live Webinar(Date & Time Specific)
- Online Module (Access anytime)
- Course Fee: £19.99
Book Online Module:
The practical activity
Method: Practical assessment by a trained healthcare professional. should be performed in pairs, with each participant acting as collector and as patient in turns.
- In a small group familiarise with the surroundings. Check the equipment needed
- In pairs practise the procedure, take turns of being the collector and the patient. The ‘patient’ should closely observe the collector to ensure that all steps in the procedure are properly followed.
- Practise all steps of the procedure including; preparing the room, preparing the healthcare worker, preparing the patient, specimen collection, removing PPE and specimen handling.
- After practising, discuss any difficulties you experienced or questions you have with the rest of your group.
- Checking the completion of module 1
- Direct observation of the procedural skill.
- Completing documentation of the skills demonstrated
- Signing off the competency and certification
After completing both modules, the candidate should:
- Understand the principles of collecting good nasal and throat swabs.
- Be able to perform the procedure in a way that is safe for the patient and the collector.
Please write to us for more details about this module.